Sunday, February 24, 2019

Creality CR-10 S5 Enclosure Build (Part 2)

Creality CR-10 S5 Enclosure Build (Part 2)
by Craig Easter

Skills we'll be using:
-3D Design (Advanced)
-Carpentry (Beginner/Intermediate)

Moving along with the build, I've started putting the insulation in place:


I'm using "Reflectex" aluminum insulation - it kind of feels like bubble wrap with tinfoil on either side. I'm also using Loctite spray adhesive and a staple gun to secure it. The entire inside of the enclosure will be insulated with this material, though it is only really necessary around the bottom of the enclosure. I had to purchase a massive roll of it anyway, and it was cheap, so it's not a big deal.

The lid, which hasn't been photographed for a while, is now painted and has the window attached:


You can still see some of the OSB through the paint, but as I intend on muralizing the exterior, I'm not worried about it.

It is held in with 1/8th" wood cuts held on with wood glue, as well as outdoor silicon sealant around the edges on the interior and exterior sides. While I'm sealing it in the way you might do to waterproof or air seal an environment, this is more to prevent dust from infiltrating around the window. Not pictures is also that the entire interior of the enclosure is now covered in the Reflectex insulation.

I put liftgate struts and mounting pegs on order, but they will take two days to arrive. In the mean time, I'll simply be chucking the door open with a 2x2 beam cut to length. And being very careful not to smack it out of the way while doing so.

With all that sorted, it's finally time to attach the lid to the enclosure and clean up my mess! Once all the adhesives dry, anyway...

Part 3 coming soon.

-Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment